Friday, February 26, 2010

Raising $1,000 for Children's Cancer

This amazing experience is dedicated to beautiful @LiftUpEllie, @mom2lila, @LaylaGrace and @Cindy411 's sister for inspiring me to raise money for childhood cancer.
NOTE: IF DONATING ONLINE, MY NAME NEEDS TO GO IN COMMENT SECTION OR NVCCF CAN'T MATCH IT TO ME.

I missed the boat on the St. Baldrick's event with @mom2lila but she inspired me no less. A local Nevada charity that is doing a "Klip it for Kidz" event on March 13th and I am thrilled to take part.

I have less than 2 weeks to collect my fundraising goal of $1,000.00. I really wanted to shave my head to raise the money but my employer strongly suggested that I commit to growing my hair out and giving it to "Klip it for Kidz" at the 2011 fundraiser. Growing this hair long will be quite the committment and challenge but I'm up for it!

There is a donation link at the top of this post (above the "Klip it for Kidz" logo). ENTER MY NAME IN COMMENTS SECTION TO TRACK ONLINE DONATIONS: JENNY N.

Yesterday a lady at my office told me that I'll never make it to $1,000. I wanted to tell her "you don't have the friends I have" but I just walked out smiling. I KNOW I can do this.

Let’s have some fun in the name of helping children. After all, it’s not about the hair.

xoxo,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.