Monday, March 8, 2010

An Email from a Dear Friend

This post is simply a copy of an email I received today from one of my greatest friends. Earlier, I had sent out a request to support a fundraiser I'm involved in. This is her response:

"If anyone is able to help out my friend Jenny, I would greatly appreciate it. I know that we are not in Nevada, but, cancer is everywhere. If we can help a single child, that child may be the one that grows up to find the cure. If we can help one child through this struggle, maybe enough will be learned to help others through their struggles. If a cure can be found for one form of cancer, it will pave the way to find the cures of other cancers.

Jenny and I have been friends for many years and she has always wanted to make the world a better place. She has had many struggles in her life, but she knows in her heart that the world holds more good than evil and more love than hatred. Jenny has struggled with alcohol addiction for many years. Anyone who has struggled with addiction knows that it is, in many ways, like a cancer...if you don't face it head on, it can take your life. I am so very proud of my friend Jenny. She is currently in "remission" as she will be celebrating 2 years of sobriety on March 31st.

I know that times are tough for all of us, but, every penny counts. Please help if you can and pass it on to others. Help Jenny make her goal and help her make this world a better place."

Thank you!!
=) Robin