Thursday, June 3, 2010

Even Perfect Days Can End In Rain

I have the following quote framed and next to my morning reading place. Tonight, I'm taking it to the bedroom and putting it on the nightstand where I can see it first thing in the morning, before I pray and before I head back to the office.

"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. FORGIVE THEM ANYWAY
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. BE KIND ANYWAY
If you are honest, people may cheat you. BE HONEST ANYWAY
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. DO GOOD ANYWAY
Give the world the best you have though it may never be enough.
GIVE YOUR BEST ANYWAY
For you see, in the end, it is between you and GOD.
IT NEVER WAS BETWEEN YOU AND THEM ANYWAY."
~Mother Teresa

I could go on to post about the details and specifics of today. But, none of that matters.

What matters is that others truly love me and are there for me. I am perfectly fine being the me I am today. I am in recovery and headed down the right path, for me. I can't please everyone. If I know in my heart of heart's that I am doing my absolute best, that's good enough. If it's not good enough for others, that's their deal. What others think of me or possibly say about me is none of my business. I can take a "bad" situation and learn from it, making it a growth experience that will lead me to better places, physically and spiritually. I am not alone.

2 comments:

  1. Robin HuckabyJune 03, 2010

    My dad always told me that he never cared what grades I got on my report cards as long as I had an A in effort. I may only have a C kind of day, but if I put all I had into, I can walk away knowing that I gave it an A's worth.

    Other word's of wisdom (provided by my friend Rachael)..."it is easy to love people who love you...it is hard to love those that don't." That just happens to be one of jobs in life...loving others inspite of themselves.

    LVOE you!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.