Saturday, June 19, 2010

Time Is Now The Enemy

The following post is from my best friend back in North Carolina. I miss her most days but when I see how she so easily and passionately stands beside me on my causes, my missing her takes on a whole new level, one that I didn't realize existed.

This post comes on the heals of some sad news about Eva's situation. The Tiede Family have just been told that Livia, the German Shepard that was brought from Canada for Eva, will not be "reserved" indefinitely. Livia will move on to the next family in need, if the appropriate funds are not raised, in one month's time.


"I am so fortunate to have have 2 beautiful, healthy daughters and healthy spit-fire of a stepson. I cannot begin to wrap my brain around the fear that a parent has when they have a child that suffers from a chronic or terminal illness.

Hold your breath for as long as you can...when you feel the pain and the pressure ...and the near panic of having to take your next breathe, think of little Eva. At any given moment she can stop breathing. A specially trained service dog is ready and waiting to be with Eva and her family, all they need is the funding. A service dog is not cheap...quality never is. If you can give a hundred dollars that would rock their world...but so would a hundred pennies from your piggy bank. Every penny gets Eva and her family one step closer to some sense of security.

If this was your child, wouldn't you hope that your loved ones would reach out and help...and the loved ones of those loved ones...and so on? There is so much sadness, anger and skeptisism in the world today. There are crimes that are unimaginable and seldom do you see good news at 6 and 11; but I am an eternal optimist and I belive that there is more good than bad in this world. I believe that the kindness of strangers will help Eva get her service dog and I beleive that what goes around comes around. Paying people back is great, but paying forward is even better.

Help if you can...even if that simply means asking others for help. Together, this will be done...and my guess is, it will happen faster than we would have ever imagined."

~ Robin R. Huckaby

If you would like to donate right away to The Tiede Family, use this email>>> servicedog4eva@gmail.com on the PayPal link below...

https://personal.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_us/send_money

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry.... thank you very much. Today when Eva took a nap I just watched her breathe...she was so pale, but she was breathing...I didn't want to look away even though I have been so tired...in and out, in and out... it usually is a given, but with her it just isn't.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.