Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Valley of Fire State Park, Southern Nevada

Over the Memorial Day weekend, I was given the chance to camp at Southern Nevada’s Valley of Fire State Park. It was amazing!

My pup Roxi chased lizards all day and came back with lots of burrs, sore pads and exhausted but very, VERY happy. My daughter Riri scrambled up more rocks than a mountain goat sending us into a panic more times than we cared to admit. I took over 200 pictures and slowed down the entire process of climbing. I always have venture off the beaten path to do my own thing. This time though, I didn’t go too far or get lost. My friend Carol had a magnificent time laughing at all of us.

Highlights had to be the campfire and smores, seeing 4 shooting stars that night, the morning after when at 6AM, I awoke, quietly snuck out of the trailer, climbed to the highest point I could reach in flip flops, and watched the morning come alive.

I didn’t want it to end.

Thank you Carol for making it awesome for Roxi and I out there in your cozy 18’ travel trailer. I can’t wait to go back after the hot summer months. It was a great trip!

Here is just a sample of what it's like. The pictures don't do near as much as the actual presence of being there does. Enjoy!


















































2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 09, 2010

    Jen this is just fabulous you need to say that you definitely can write on any resume

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.