Monday, July 12, 2010

Quit Your Whining

Every morning, I take my dog out to the football fields behind my apartment around 5:00AM so she can run, sniff and play while I read my daily inspirations. Today's hit like a brick and I had to share.

"If you have time to whine and complain about something, then you have the time to do something about it." -Anthony J. D'Angelo


I don't know who this Anthony guy is but if I really wanted to, I'd look him up. I don't need to - I got what I needed from him with this one sentence.

My life has been awesome these last two years. Amazing what happens when you sober up. Lately, I've been reminded of a long lost dream of mine that I thought I had put away for good that last time I started pursuing it and failed miserably. It's not a coincidence that failing and being a drunk go together like fried bologna and mayo. Wow, it's hard to be a vegetarian sometimes. But I digress...

I've only told a few close friend about this but here it goes...I want to be a nurse. I want to go back to school, challenge myself again, get into Nursing school and make a difference in my life. I want to help another one of God's kids. Lord knows I've had enough surgeries and experience with hospitals to know a little bit about how it feels to interact with both great nurses and nurses that should not be allowed near sick people. It would be a great service to use that personal knowledge and use it for someone else's comfort.

God has better plans for me but I needed this job to teach me lessons about patience, personal growth, dealing with others, standing up for myself and most of all, believing in myself. When I leave this job, I will be taking so much more with me than when I came in.

So, the quote above told me that I could do one of two things with my future. Keep whining and being a victim about it or make a change and do something about it.

Stay tuned for what's in store. Things just got interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.