Monday, October 25, 2010

Mundane Monday ~ Letting Go

I am sitting here at work. It's not very busy so I hopped on here to punch out a quickie on Letting Go.

Most of you know, I tend to hold on to things that are not very good for me a wee bit too long. Good news is that by doing so, and by being in recovery, I have the tools and willingness to be honest with myself as to why.

However, it is awesome to see that the negative things I allow in my life that don't serve my best interest can turn into the exact lessons that are needed for me to grow and eventually move on to better things. The trick is being honest and willing to see my part.

Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. And like it or not, this is God's world that we're living in; just take a look around.

When I'm in a process of change, growth or just plain self pity, I seek inspiration and guidance from many sources. Happy to say that alcohol is no longer one of them. My friends, my books, specific writers and my God give me the nudges of wisdom my stubborn heart needs to be able to grasp on to hope just a little bit tighter. I am blessed to have such a wealth of sources to turn to when I need it.

Below are some quotes I pulled from http://www.great-inspirational-quotes.com/letting-go-quotes.html that inspire me to consider moving on. (Notice that I don't commit to taking any action...yea, that's how I roll.) Trusting in myself takes more time than is necessary but it always comes, always.

My Mom loves to say that I always land on my feet *meow*

LETTING GO QUOTES

Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist

Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.
-- Author Unknown

Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head.
-- Ann Landers

Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions.
-- Gerald Jampolsky

Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?
-- Leo Buscaglia

Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be.
-- Anonymous

Loving someone is setting them free, letting them go.
-- Kate Winslet

People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.
-- Thich Nhat Hanh

Some think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go.
-- Sylvia Robinson

Think about any attachments that are depleting your emotional reserves. Consider letting them go.
-- Oprah Winfrey

Truly loving another means letting go of all expectations. It means full acceptance, even celebration of another's personhood.
-- Karen Casey

There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life.
-- Author Unknown

We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us.
-- Joseph Campbell

I cling to fear and won't let go because I am not trusting God to meet my needs. ~Jenny Defx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.