Monday, February 7, 2011

It Waits...

A milestone in sobriety is within reach. It can be seen in the not-so-distant future. It's presence brings hope to me and to many others. With it comes the promise of a new life and the chance to be happy, joyous and free.

Not everyone is pleased that this good news is coming. There is one that is fiercy jealous and wickedly greedy with my thoughts. One who is cunning, baffling, powerful and deadly.

This madman awakens at times like these with just a whisper and exits with the roars of lions. It cannot be heard from the outside; it's playhouse resides in the deep recesses of my mind. It waits for me, stalking me during my days of happiness and serenity. It laughs when I experience what my God has given me all along. When I am at peace, the monster just smiles.




Days like these bring me to a crossroads. The choice to continue along the road to a happy destiny Divinely constructed or to grab the hand of an old friend and disappear into the darkness that lies just outside the sunlit path.



What this demon does not know or chooses to accept, is that there have been too many days of goodness, too many hours of love and joy that have laid the foundation onto which I fall. When I stumble today, it is not into oblivion. I trip into the arms of those that hold me up, those that keep me together. The Army of "WE" comes running and they will not loosen their grip without a fight.

I am not a captive today. I know where to go when the lies get too loud. I have a safety net built of bonds stronger than steel. I do not walk this path alone. Today I can rest knowing the wickedness will be pushed back, will be defeated into submission and retreat, if only for a little while.

It waits...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.