Wednesday, March 2, 2011

DEATH DU 2 TXT

Our Company is going through driver safety classes this month. I thought it didn't apply to me so I declined the mandatory meeting request. My VP politely insisted that I attend. I'm glad she did and here's why...

I'm a text-while-you-driver, even when my daughter is in the car. After watching the video embedded below and searching online for images relating to this stupidity, I am finally convinced that it is only a matter of time before I kill myself, my daughter or someone else if I continue to text and drive.

It's not something I am proud of but that doesn't bother me near as much as if I just put my phone in my purse and kept it in the trunk while driving WITHOUT passing on this message.

The following video was put out by AT&T in March of last year. It's 10:44" long but instead of blowing it off, sit your ass back down and just watch it.

I won't be able to imagine what the people in the video have to live with, the guilt, the loss, the shame. And for my sake, the sake of my daughter, and for those that love us, I hope I never have to.

If I really accept that I am not invincible, that I am not "that unlucky" and that yes, I too can be the cause of such senselessness, I might have a chance at being a better mother and fellow driver.

I have already shown my daughter what it's like to be a careless driver; now it's time to make things right, before it's too late; before she grows up to do the same thing behind the wheel.

Please watch - no graphic images in video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DebhWD6ljZs&feature=player_embedded

Below are some images related to texting while driving. They were found via Google Images. Some are extremely graphic, horrific images of accidents caused by texting.

If the video wasn't enough for you, maybe some of these images will stick with you. I am beyond caring if they are "inappropriate" or "too much" for this post. I am pissed that I have been this kind of driver and want to get the word out to those that will listen.


GRAPHIC IMAGES BELOW........................................
.......................................
........................
.............
.......
...
..
.


























TXTNG & DRVNG - IT CAN WAIT

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you went !!! Honestly when my son started his simple little seat belt science project we were exposed to things that he could not at his age put in his project. I had to limit it to just seatbelts and airbags for this year. he has already begun working on next years project, and yes you know what it is, the above. Even my husband the safest driver on the planet has fallen pray to looking at that stupid screen. Let my kid lecture you with tears in his eyes, begging you not to kill yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.