Friday, March 4, 2011

Foster Friday!

This post is mainly for my local sweeties in the Las Vegas Valley but those of you far, far away can enjoy it too. And maybe get inspired to contact your local Human Society and make a difference in the life of a four-legged critter that needs love.

It's been weighing heavily on my heart for many weeks now to get my Roxi dog a canine companion. Most of you know that I am already the proud mommy of 2 senior kitties, my crazy Roxi dog and my lovely daughter, all on a single mommy budget, so of course, I said... "Why not? Bring it on!"

Fortunately luck would intervene and I found myself not acting impulsively and going out to local puppy mill pet shop and grabbing the first, cutest, non-house trained, chews everything, needs 24-hour supervision puppy I saw. I actually waited on this desire and did absolutely nothing except trust that someday an answer would come my way.

Well, my HP (aka Higher Power, God, Spirit Dude, Horton, whatever) came up with a great plan that is gonna ROCK! I applied at the Las Vegas Valley Human Society and the Southern Nevada Pug Rescue to be a foster Mommy.

Our first foster comes home (if she isn't adopted first) this Saturday afternoon. I feel like an expectant mother all over again, minus to preggo belly and sore boobies.

Here's a little bit about "Chrissy"...

My name is Chrissy and I am about 1 years old. I am a sweet, tiny little girl with a lot of love to give. I have beautiful brown eyes that match my coat perfectly! I was found wandering neighborhoods looking for food until finally someone took me in. I am a little shy, but I do warm up quickly. I do well with other dogs, but I am more of a lap dog. I love to be held and cuddled! If you are looking for a snuggler, then look no further! (lvvhumane.org/petfinder.com)

Chrissy is available for immediate adoption and will be hanging out at the PetCo off Rainbow and Lake Mead this Saturday, March 5th from 10am-2pm. If she doesn't find her forever family by 2pm, she comes home with me!!

We at the "Defx" household are very excited to be welcoming this little temporary addition to our home. We hope to help Chrissy grow into an even more loving and confident little Chihuahua so her forever family can find her and love her as much as we are going to do!

If you are interested in adopting Chrissy or another wonderful canine (or feline), please contact the Las Vegas Valley Human Society at http://www.lvvhumane.org/
(702) 434-2009 or lvvhs@cox.net



If your are more inclined to open your home temporarily as a foster for a pet in need of a forever family, please contact Brooke O'Gara (Dog Coordinator with the LVVHS) at (702) 353-4836 or brookeogara@live.com

Stay tuned for another Foster Friday to get an update on Chrissy!

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea. I had thought about going to our local shelter before & doing something to help (I can't adopt any more furry kids or foster them) and this is a great idea. I may be able to feature adoptable furry babies on my blog too. \o/

    Jenny - in case you didn't know already - YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.